Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen latop...
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i got a Omen by HP laptop 17-cd0xxx with an Nvidia 2060 RTX video card. I have freeze for some seconds in games regulary.  Is it due to my external hard drive (WD_Black) ??? 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

You probably have something starting and stopping in the background like a windows program or service that needs to be disabled.

You can monitor the activity in the Task Manager. Highlight the CPU column to see the highest percentages at top.

Ctrl/Alt/Del key press will bring up the option to view the Task Manager.

Example...

Task manager cpu.PNG

HP Recommended

My cpu dosen't reach 100%. Not even some percents... 

HP Recommended

It doesn't have to reach 100%. If a service is starting up causing the lag, it will only run for that moment then stop again. You have to pay attention to whats happening during the moment of your lag.

The hard drive shouldn't have anything to do with that as it loads the game in ram to play from.

You only posted the series identifier. What is the full Product number of your Omen? Press Control/Alt/S for the information menu in windows. Don't post the serial number.

Also, make sure you have the latest drivers. Did you update your self from HP or NVIDIA directly?

Lastly, are you playing on battery only (unplugged) when it happens?

HP Recommended

Hi, i would gladly send you my product référence. If you have an e-mail. Thanks... 

HP Recommended

No. You simply post the Product Number here on the forum. But not the serial number.

HP Recommended

8BJ64EA#ABF

HP Recommended

I think i am about to calibrate the battery too... 

HP Recommended

OK quick question:  is the freezing happening while gaming on battery only, or does it happen with the power cord plugged in?

HP Recommended

It happens when the power câble is plugged. I never use it on battery mode... 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.