Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP-dc005
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a problem with my keyboard lightning, the "W A S D" zone is normal but when I turn light mode is not working, other zones are normal and so can change the colors. So, is it a software problem or my fault?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@RElux Greetings from the HP Community!

Are you using the HP Omen Command center (OCC) to make the changes? if that isn't working, please remove it and install a new version from the Microsoft Store: click here for details,

That said, once you have a working OCC, here's what you need to do:

To customize the lighting zones for a user profile, complete the following steps.

1. Select the Lighting tab.

Figure : Selecting the Lighting tab

Selecting the Lighting tab
  2. On the keyboard image, click the lighting zone you want to customize.

Figure : Selecting a lighting zone from the keyboard image

Selecting a lighting zone from the keyboard image

You can also select the lighting zone from the drop-down menu. To do this, click the down arrow () in the Center box and select the zone.

Figure : Selecting the lighting zone from the drop-down menu

Selecting the lighting zone from the drop-down menu
  3. To change the zone color, click the color box below Center, select a new color from the color palette, and then click OK.

Figure : Selecting a new color

Selecting a new color
  4. Repeat these steps for each lighting zone you want to change for each user profile.

TIP: You can also select one color and apply it to all the lighting zones at once.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@RElux

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.