Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-dk0011tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have purchased a HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-dk0011tx from HP retailer. The laptop comes with a 15.6" diagonal FHD IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080) lcd panel.

Now I want to upgrade it to 4k panel, is it possible?

Can you advise? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @vanst 

Nope, the 1920 x 1080 uses a 30 pin connector and the 4K panel uses a 40 pin. The connector comes built into the motherboard and cannot be changed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @vanst 

Nope, the 1920 x 1080 uses a 30 pin connector and the 4K panel uses a 40 pin. The connector comes built into the motherboard and cannot be changed.

HP Recommended

Hi @Photoray002,

Do HP have any other LCD panel with better RGB and Adobe RGB space that comes with 1920x1080 30 pin connector?

HP Recommended

I highly doubt it. You could shop online for a third party source, but a standard laptop 1080p panel, just doesn't have the color space accuracy of a 4K panel or better yet, a really good external monitor. If you require that kind of accuracy for Multi Media work, you would want to use an external panel anyway.

HP Recommended

That's my solution for now. I have an HP 22es IPS monitor as an external display.

Previously it was connected to a GTX 1060 on old PC (HDMI port). When I connect the monitor to the HDMI port on the new HP Pavilion (GTX 1650) the color, contrast are having big difference. I try to install & update all the drivers but issue still persists.

I have also manually install the ICC color profile to the laptop but it doesn't work either.

HP Recommended

What are you doing with the monitor, graphics work or everyday use and gaming?

Every system will product a different color, contrast or brightness with any given monitor of the same model.

If you are wanting the same exact color from that monitor on different systems, the ONLY way to do is with a custom profile.

You would need to calibrate each computer with profiling software like EyeOne or Spyder software and a monitor reader.

Otherwise, know that this monitor is not a high end monitor to begin with. You will not get 100% color gamut accuracy with it.

Thats the best I can offer you on this subject. Let me know if you need help with something else.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.