Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP 15-ek0019TX Omen Gaming Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought a new laptop but from the first start ,there is a loud pop sound on bootup of laptop , happens when omen logo shows and windows loading logo rotates but after booting up no more issues noticed and clear and crisp sound is there during runtime. As a common step updated all sound drivers as well as other drivers downloaded from official hp site and updated windows to latest 20H2 version still issue exist.

Next ...had a clean install of windows from bootable drive , updated all official drivers still issue persist.

This is really frustrating after getting a laptop costing a lot of value and previously I had a low cost hp laptop which didn't had such issues.

If this doesn't get fixed....not getting any hp laptop in future.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion....had to contact to hp onsite support.... speaker got replaced.....now everything works fine!

All good.... thanks again!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi@Yashtron, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand the issue with the sound,

Troubleshooting no sound or sound malfunctions, here's the complete step by step guide to help you out:

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS IT

for the crackling sound, I recommend you connect a headphone and check if the noise appears on it as well, if yes, you could reinstall the drivers from the device manager and then update the same along with BIOS & Chipset using the HP website:
Click here to access it.

Troubleshooting no sound or sound malfunctions, here's the complete step by step guide to help you out:

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS IT

for the crackling sound, I recommend you connect a headphone and check if the noise appears on it as well, if yes, you could reinstall the drivers from the device manager and then update the same along with BIOS & Chipset using the HP website:
Click here to access it.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Issue has got even worse now .... speakers have started to make cracking sound....tested using Diagnostic tool In BIOS there also it's cracking ..... speakers needs replacement.....need help in onsite service.

Plz assist as soon as possible.

HP Recommended

@Yashtron,

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to check to get to know its hardware is faulty, not a software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion....had to contact to hp onsite support.... speaker got replaced.....now everything works fine!

All good.... thanks again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.