Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The games starting lagging after 3-4 months of usage. the game which provided 100+ fps easily now provide only 50 or 60 and fps groups every time of enemy fight. I had this problem a number of time and it was solved by recovery and erasing every thing from both the drives then the game works perfectly but I need a permanent solution to this problem and the device has 8 gb of ram but I am able to use only 5.88 gb why ?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi@mikkux, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologize for the issue with the display. We understand it's a new notebook lets try a few troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

Check for BIOS update ?

Tried Adding the game to High performances in the Nivida control panel?

Download GEFORCE EXPERIENCE updates the gaming drivers.

Turn on Game Mode. Game Mode is a new feature in Windows 10 Update that improves gaming performance by limiting background processes and programs from using system resources while a game is running.

Press the Windows key and G to open the Game bar.

In the game bar, click Settings.

Click the check box next to the game title to enable Game Mode for that game.

Plug notebook PCs into an AC adapter to give the graphics card more power.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

I does not help as I checked my device for problems it shows CPU being used 100% as in this screenshot I am running a full scan and using my browser.image_2021-05-15_114024.png 

HP Recommended

Hi@mikkux,

As you mentioned the CPU usage is 100% and the disk usage is very high.

I appriciate your efforts for trying out the steps before reaching out to us.

Try updating the BIOS and chipset driver on your PC and check if it helps.

You can try updating the drivers using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps try the steps recommended below.

Try performing the following ts steps:

1 - Right-click on any open space on your computer's taskbar.

2 -Select "Task Manager" and press "Enter."

3 -Select "View" from the Taskbar Manager's pull-down menu. If more than one computer is connected to your network, notice the graphs for all CPUs. Select "One Graph Per CPU." This will help determine which computers are using more processing time.

4 -Go to the "Applications" tab. Because this tab shows open programs in real time, you will be able to see exactly when a program has been opened and closed at the time that it occurs. Identify and close selected programs by highlighting each one separately and clicking on "End Task" to free up processing time. (Important: Make sure all work is saved prior to closing any programs.)

5 -Go to the "Processes" tab and view them, but do not delete any of them unless absolutely necessary. All of the hidden system processes and programs are listed here. (Note: See Warnings section.)

6 -Set your computer's cooling fan to "Auto." Next, slide the Processing Speed scale to "3-4." Slide the Cooling Method scale to the middle of the range. These settings will slow down the CPU when needed

Also, Hit Win Key + R
Type in “Regedit” and then hit Enter.
Go to ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management’
Find ‘ClearPageFileAtShutDown’ and change its value to 1
Restart the computer

Also, try the steps recommended below.

In Windows, search for Command Prompt. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator. Then click Yes.
In Command Prompt, type sfc /scannow. Make sure to include the space between sfc and the /.
Press Enter and wait while System File Checker scans for corrupted files.
When scanning is complete, the results are displayed on the screen.
If the file checker found and replaced any corrupted files, restart the computer and check the performance.
If the file checker did not find any corrupted files or found corrupted files but could not replace them, go to the next step.
If System File Checker finds corrupted files but cannot replace them, use the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool. DISM checks the corrupted files; then downloads and replaces the files using Windows Update.
In Windows, open a web browser.
   NOTE:
You need to be connected to the Internet to use DISM.
In Windows, search for Command Prompt. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator. Then click Yes.
In Command Prompt, type dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. Make sure to include the space before each / in the command line.
Press Enter and wait while DISM works. This might take several minutes.
If DISM finds corrupted files, it replaces them using Windows Update. If this occurs, after DISM is finished, restart your computer and see if the performance has improved.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot lock up or freezing issues with PC. Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03408309

HP Recommended

I Tried but it did not helped

HP Recommended

Hi@mikkux,

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

HP Recommended

From Yesterday my GeForce crashed and when I run game it shows a pop  up the name of the game is valorant and it does not required that much graphics. WhatsApp Image 2021-06-07 at 9.56.28 AM.jpeg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.