Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen X-17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I'll try to describe the problem from when it started so it could maybe give you an idea of the problem. A week ago, the laptop started shutting down when it hit around 20% battery without any warning. Then, yesterday, it started shutting down once the charger is disconnected. Now I can't turn on or use the laptop without the charger being connected. The battery icon shows it being fully charged at 100%. 

Here's what I have done so far:

I opened the case to check if there are any loose cables, there doesn't seem to be a loose one. I removed the battery socket connected to the motherboard and the laptop started without a problem. I ran an HP diagnostic on the battery and it returned an "OK". 

Laptop Product Number : 2LV60UA#ABA

I don't think the battery needs to be replaced it was working fine before those problems started. Can anyone help, please? Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

i have the exact same problem with same model. can anyone please help

HP Recommended

@IbrahimMo, @thisistim

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer shuts down when you disconnect the charger.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check if it helps.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp107001-107500/sp107365.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

updating  the bios to this version is what cause this to happen in the first place, can you do much more effort ...

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response! I tried updating the bios and it didn't work. Anything else?

HP Recommended

@IbrahimMo, @thisistim

Run a test on the battery following the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04700771

Let me know how it goes!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The test passed, still not working though! 😕

HP Recommended

Test log:

TestVersion = 1.17.5.0 TestId = a088469f-b159-4d7e-b4f9-0f1ed77a95af Instance = 1 StartTime = 2020-11-27T08:01:06 ExecutionDuration = 00:00:30 Result = ExecutionPassed PassID = 29988-13610-93358 ================================================== CeementBatteryCheckResult: 11 DevicesSupported: 1 DeviceCount: 1 Primary_ACPowerOn: True Primary_ACAdapterOk: True ACAdapterStatus: False Primary_TestresultString: OK Primary_DesignCapacity: 8572mAh Primary_FullChargeCapacity: 5088mAh Primary_RemainingCapacity: 4994mAh Primary_MaxError: 1 Primary_CycleCount: 790 Primary_Temperature: 33deg C Primary_Voltage: 12678mV Primary_Current: 0mA Primary_DesignVoltage: 11550mV Primary_Status: 240 Primary_CellVoltage1: 4322mV Primary_CellVoltage2: 4074mV Primary_CellVoltage3: 4282mV Primary_CellVoltage4: 0mV Primary_SerialNumber: 01580 08/19/2017 Primary_ManufacturerName: 333-27-4A-A Primary_BatteryCTNumber: 6GJVE04TZ912JC Primary_Warranty: 3 Primary_CalibrationType: 3 Primary_ChargeControl: Failed Primary_TempCharge: True Primary_ChargeTest: False Primary_ChargeCapacity: 59 Primary_TempAlarm: False Primary_DeepDischarge: False Primary_FullCharge: False Primary_FullChargeStatus: True Primary_BatteryCharge: False Primary_DesignCycleCount: 1000
HP Recommended

@IbrahimMo

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.