Rstafford777
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Laptop Overheating Causing Latency Issues During Gaming

HP Recommended
OMEN X by HP Laptop 17-ap0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop has been constantly overheating after about 30 minutes of gaming causing high latency issues. I have done all the windows updates possible, all drivers, firmware, and bios are up to date, I have cleaned out the fans on it multiple times, tested out different cooling pads, made sure it's in a cool room, sent the product into HP and it came back after the warranty expired with a new heatsink on the graphics card which didn't resolve the issue. Tried out HP cool sense, different software to control fan speed, and nothing I have been able to do has helped at all. Really desperate at this point and hoping someone who had a similar issue has found a fix.

2 REPLIES 2
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,580 22,567 1,357 1,374
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Rstafford777

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and I appreciate all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue

Since the issue persists even after the repair, I suggest you contact HP for Service Options again

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Rstafford777
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. When going through the virtual assistant to try to get in touch with someone it won't let me because my laptop is out of warranty now even though when repairs begun on it the laptop was still under warranty. Any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation