01-13-2020 08:22 AM
Hi, I have a problem that my laptop turns off. Especially when charging. Notebook I have a 2 year + 3 year extended warranty. Otherwise, it goes as it should. I use it regularly for graphics / playing games. What can be the cause?
Sorry for my English.
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-15-2020 03:25 PM
@mistralias Greetings from the HP Community!
Does the laptop turn off suddenly with its lights off as well? or do the lights remain on and only the screen blacks out?
Also, do you know if any updates were recently installed or interrupted during an update?
Meanwhile, here's what you need to do:
If Windows suddenly shuts down without warning, it might be caused by one of several issues.
A BIOS update can also resolve the issue: click here for steps.
Follow the steps in this section, in order, to run a hardware test to identify any issues with the device:
Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details
- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
- Click Extensive Test.
- Click Run once, or Loop until error.
- While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.
If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.
I am an HP Employee