Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-e0000 IDS Base Model
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello all,

While waiting for my screw set to appear, I thought I'd be able to test some things out. I put everything in place other than the battery screws and the bottom cover screws and set it upright. Upon pushing the power button, the only thing that happened was the light on the power button shining but no boot.

Do I have to have all the screws in place to test it for booting?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@BigPBJ

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

There were no chanes to the setting prior to this. I applied thermal paste, upgraded ram and added a Gen4 SSD. I have since reversed my actions but that didn't change anything.

HP Recommended

Do I have to have all the screws in place to test it for booting?

Was that a yes or no?

I just got my screw kit and sorted the screws. Before I screw everything back together, I'd like to know if I should be able to boot the computer without everything screwed back together so I'm not doing a lot of screwing/unscrewing just to diagnose.

HP Recommended

The easy way to fix this just unplug the battery and hold power for 20 seconds then plug back the battery be sure the cable well plugged bcs if the cable not plugged well will turn and off try to push it from the sides and middle and push power button and wait it will turn on wait 20 seconds it will reset bios  just battery cable not plugged well 

HP Recommended

@BOSSXXXL wrote:

The easy way to fix this just unplug the battery and hold power for 20 seconds then plug back the battery be sure the cable well plugged bcs if the cable not plugged well will turn and off try to push it from the sides and middle and push power button and wait it will turn on wait 20 seconds it will reset bios  just battery cable not plugged well 

I'm sorry but I find this hard to understand. Would you mind numbering the steps taken?

It would be appreciated very much.

HP Recommended

1-unplug battery cable

2- press power button for 20 seconds while battery unplugged.

3- plug the battery wellllllllllllllllllll push the cable well in its place so make proper connection so the pc turn on normally 

4-press power on it will turn on .

HP Recommended

That didn't wok for me. The battery cable was pushed in all the way when I finished.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.