Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
PAVILION GAMING 15-EC0106AX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

MY LAPTOP IS "PAVILION GAMING 15-EC0106AX". I WANTED TO UPGRADE MY PROCESSOR FROM RYZEN 5 3550H TO PREFERABLY A RYZEN 7. CAN ANYBODY HELP ME OUT WHETHER IT IS POSSIBLE AND IF YES APPROXIMATELY HOW MUCH WILL IT COST ME? (I AM FROM INDIA).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The processor your notebook has is an integral part of the motherboard, and cannot be upgraded unless you replace the motherboard with one listed in chapter 3 of your notebook's service manual that may come with a better processor.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion Gaming 15 Laptop PC

The costs associated with performing such an upgrade would come close to what you originally paid for the notebook, making such an upgrade a poor return on investment.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The processor your notebook has is an integral part of the motherboard, and cannot be upgraded unless you replace the motherboard with one listed in chapter 3 of your notebook's service manual that may come with a better processor.

The costs associated with performing such an upgrade would come close to what you originally paid for the notebook, making such an upgrade a poor return on investment.

HP Recommended

Your answer was really helpful. Is there any way to improve the performance of my laptop like upgrading my RAM or any other way? (Currently i have 8GBx2 2400MHz RAM in my laptop). Can i put 16GBx2 2400MHz RAM in my laptop?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

The memory upgrade info can be found in chapter 1.

Your PC supports up to 2 x 16 GB of memory, so yes, you can install 2 x 8 GB of memory and that would help performance somewhat.

The best upgrade you can do would be to either replace the 2.5" mechanical hard drive with a 2.5" solid state drive SSD), or add a M.2 NVMe SSD, and either remove the hard drive or use it for storage.

Again, looking at chapter 1, the notebook supports NVMe drives and dual storage configurations.

If you are on a budget, before buying 16 or 32 GB of memory, I would install a solid state drive first.

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote: greatpeople me login

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

The memory upgrade info can be found in chapter 1.

Your PC supports up to 2 x 16 GB of memory, so yes, you can install 2 x 8 GB of memory and that would help performance somewhat.

The best upgrade you can do would be to either replace the 2.5" mechanical hard drive with a 2.5" solid state drive SSD), or add a M.2 NVMe SSD, and either remove the hard drive or use it for storage.

Again, looking at chapter 1, the notebook supports NVMe drives and dual storage configurations.

If you are on a budget, before buying 16 or 32 GB of memory, I would install a solid state drive first.

Thank you so much for sharing such a useful information. I will definitely share this with others.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.