Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As you can see on this HP Battery Check result, my battery is detected as well functioning but when I try to use it withtout the power cord, It shuts down automatically and it doesn't boot anymore without replugging the power cable.

analyse_batterie.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@eytienne

It looks like a hardware issue with the charging board or the battery connector and this needs to be checked physically at an HP service center or you can get it checked locally.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Here my response to the private message of the support (the steps I am mentioning are the power reset operation : https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768 ) : 

"Nice the battery works again ! I already did the steps except with a shorter time of holding the power button, so I did the whole thing again but I am pretty sure it was the fault of the BIOS version that I updated a second time but manually from the .exe given on your site. I think the first time I used you HP Support Assistant software and it must have missed the operation because when I checked in the BIOS setup the version I was only on the F54 whereas I was able to install the F55 directly from your site."

HP Recommended

@eytienne

I'm glad you got this sorted out

Drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I got the problem several times after the solution... It doesn't work anymore now, painful for a transportable computer. Why ? Is this a way of encouraging me to buy a new HP computer ?! Why is the solution not persistent ?

I tried to reinstall the previous BIOS version (F.54) but it refused to "Update" saying me it is incompatible...

HP Recommended

An idea for my new message about this not new problem ?

HP Recommended

@eytienne

Are you facing the same issue again?

Regards!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette
Of course, the exact same...

HP Recommended

So have you an idea ? What's the problem (and its solution ;)) ? How could I be no more a slave of my power cord ? My transportable laptop is a PC tower now...

HP Recommended

@eytienne

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Oow thank you veeeery much : "Out of warranty products may require a fee for phone support."

So you can program my computer to drop the battery and try to dry out my wallet to buy a new HP computer...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.