Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 ax202na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My fan doesn't go back to idle after I play an intensive game unless I reset the laptop by holding the power button down for 15 seconds. how do I fix this?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums @iby20

I understand the fan is running at high speed even after you close the game on your computer. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Recommend you run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers and BIOS is updated on your computer. Click here for assistance. 

The fan speed varies based on usage and the temperature in the computer. 

For assistance in reducing the fan noise please refer to this HP Article

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

All my drivers and bios are updated.  Ive tried all of those fan tips. temp is not an issue the fans never go down even if I leave it for a day. They only reset if I hold down the power button and reset the laptop.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. The fan speed would be high based on the temperature on the computer. Please use it on a flat surface and wait for the temperature to come down. 

Please run an extensive test on your computer to make sure all the components are working correctly. Click here for assistance. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

by the way i believe it is the gpu fan that doesnt go down no matter the temp the cpu fan works as usual

HP Recommended

Hi @iby20

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @Chimney_83, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I recommend you to boot to bios by pressing the F10 key on startup up and disable Fan always on feature and save the changes and exit bios.

Then check the computer and see if the issue is resolved.

Let me know how it goes.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I already did that it didn't change anything

HP Recommended

Hi @iby20

I recommend you to run a system test on the computer to make sure all the hardware components are working fine.

Follow the steps in the below article to run the test.

http://hp.care/2oFvgJj

Keep me posted.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I also did that and it passed.

HP Recommended

Hi @iby20

I recommend you to contact phone support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with the phone support.

Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
Enter Product number or select to auto detects
Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.