cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Laptop freezes unexpectedly and is only fixable with reboot.

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every so often, my computer will freeze. The screen will still be active, but my mouse will not be movable and none of the buttons, including the start button, will work. Any audio I was playing before the freeze is replaced with a constant buzzing noise. This issue has appeared several times throughout this laptops relatively short life (approximately 9 months of use). After restarting the system, I am given no indication on what the problem was or how to fix it (or that there even was a problem). These freezes occur inconsistently  and with little relation to the programs running on it in terms of memory consumption.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have same the same problem. Im trying to find solution for few weeks arleady. 

- all new drivers - done

- new bios - done

- cpu and gpu temperatures are ok

- all hp and windows diagnostic tools for memory,hdd, cpu, battery  tests - done, all positive

etc etc etc. i tried almost every solution from internet

4 months old  hp omen 17-cb0009nw

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How much ram does your system have? I have 8.00g. One suggestion I was given was it could be memory leak with an application running in the background, although I have no idea how to test that theory.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

16 GB.  Windows 10 with all the latest updates. The wierdest thing about my freezes is that they only occur when im surfing on the internet or watching YouTube/Netflix.(chrome or edge) Never while gaming. 

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation