Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GEORGE_71
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Laptop is shutting down while playing games.A blue screen pops up written locking and it shuts down

HP Recommended
HP PAVILLION 15 .. EC0028AX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am facing this problem after updating my bios to F.08

3 REPLIES 3
CountingStars
Level 2
12 10 0 5
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, your laptop is overheating. If you updated your BIOS recently that's probably what's causing it. Check out this thread https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/RANDOM-SHUTDOWN-AFTER-BIOS-UPDATE/td-p/7714583/jump-t...

There's no solution as of yet, we're all waiting for an update but some people have posted tips

Tags (1)
yaserzcan
Level 1
11 11 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
GEORGE_71
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@yaserzcan.. setting evrythng to max will damage your cpu . Just set the temperature to 70 or 75 and set the reapply setting to 60 secs. And your laptop shud not shut down anymore while gaming. This is just a temporary fix and I hope HP comes up with something. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation