Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0001ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! My warranty on this laptop just expired on April 20 2021, I bought it a year ago last month. Just mere days after the warranty was up, my laptop started where while using it and plugged in, the screen goes dim as if it were unplugged. Within moments of it doing that it will shut off. Or it will suddenly show a fast blue screen that says "Locking" and then go black but it will still be on for a few moments with the power button still lit up and then totally shut off. I have run the diagnostic tests and it passed both the battery and adapter tests. I have used a gaming cooling pad pretty much everyday that I have used this laptop however, it keeps shutting off due to not receiving enough power from the laptop. If I plug my gaming mousepad into the cooling pad, the cooling pad runs just fine with the laptop off. Also despite having the cooling pad, my keyboard often gets VERY hot to the touch. The fans to the laptop run but sometimes I hear them struggle, slowing and forcing out air in waves. Has anyone had this issue and if so what did it end up being? With it being so close to the warranty expiring am I totally out of luck now? Thanks in advance.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.