Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15-ce013na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have one of these; 

HP OMEN 15-ce013na 15.6-inch FHD Gaming Laptop (Shadow Black) - (Intel Core i7-7700HQ, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD Plus 1TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Graphics 6GB Dedicated, Windows 10 Home)

After not using it for two weeks whilst away, I have tried to turn it on and it appears quite dead. I am assuming the power supply is fine as when it's connected and i push the power button the white LED new to the socket flashes white briefly. When first connecting the charger is also flashes orange once.

I left it "charging" all night but nothing had changed come morning.

I found a similar post and did what they did (took the battery out - long pressed the power key - put the charger in) but to no avail.

I was given this laptop years ago by Amazon to review and have, in all honesty, only ever used it very lightly since. The fans have be constantly on after the first year and I find it too annoying to use (but that's a whole other issue).

This one is obviously a bit more concerning.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

If I'm looking at an expensive repair job I'm not sure it will be worth it for me.

Any help gratefully received! 

Thanks,IMG_20200916_145038403.jpgLEDLEDIMG_20200916_145054601.jpg
Mark

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@marco772, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Before troubleshooting startup issues, remove or disconnect all discs and devices from the computer.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Remove any discs and USB devices.

3. Remove memory cards from the card reader slot.

4. Disconnect all non-essential devices such as printers, scanners, external hard drives.

5. Leave only the mouse, keyboard, and monitor connected.

After you have removed all discs and devices, turn on the computer.

• If the computer starts, reconnect devices one at a time, to determine which disc or device is causing the problem. If the issue is solved, troubleshooting is complete.

• If the computer still does not start and exhibits the same problem, press and hold the Power button to turn off the computer. Do not connect anything, and then continue troubleshooting.

Perform a hard reset

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a Hard Reset.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.

3. Disconnect all externally connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.

4. Disconnect the AC adapter from the computer.

5. Press and hold the Power button for 8-10 seconds.

NOTE: 

The designated button combination varies by model and production date. If the previous step does not work, refer to the User Guide for your specific model, or check the table of models listed in HP Notebook PCs – How to Power Reset Your Laptop for the proper button combination.

6. Plug the AC adapter back into the computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.

7. Press the Power button to turn on the computer.

8. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, then press the Enter key.

Run hardware diagnostic tests

Make sure the issue is not hardware related by performing diagnostic tests.

1. In Windows, search for and open the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics for Windows app.

If the app is not installed on your computer, download the latest version from the HP Hardware Diagnostics website.

2. On the main menu, click System Tests.

3. Click the System Fast Test tab.

4. Click Run once.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component displays on the screen.

5. If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) and contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in the Test Logs on the main menu.

If no system component failed, continue with these steps.

6. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostic app, click System Test, and then click System Extensive Test. The Extensive Test might take several hours to complete.

Now, refer to the document HP PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10, 😎 for additional troubleshooting steps.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.