Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-08-2021 05:23 PM
My laptop (OMEN 17-cb0001na) won’t charge today, there is a solid orange light on the power port when plugged in but this turns off completely when laptop starts up. Laptop does not charge (does not register that it is plugged in). Have run the battery diagnostic and it says the battery is ok, when running the ac adaptor diagnostic it asks to unplug, wait 10 secs and plug back in. Then it asks to unplug and wait 10s again. This repeats on a loop without change.
09-24-2021 01:15 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Don't worry I'll try to help you out.
We reviewed your post and I understand that the Notebook is not Powering ON,
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps
Do you see a light at the place where the charger connects to the laptop? If yes then it indicates that the charger is all fine.
I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated and does not have a latch to release it then leave the battery inside the laptop.
- Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
- Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
- Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
F6 + Power Button
- CMOS Rest ( combination of windows button and letter 'V' then push the power button ones and release the windows and letter 'V' after 5sec
If the laptop does not power on then please continue with the below steps:
- Disconnect the charger and remove the battery out.
- Connect only the battery and check if the laptop powers on.
- Likewise, remove the battery out (if removal battery ) and connect only the charger and check if that helps.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community