Hi, I have had my laptop for nearly 2 years now and this is the first time I have had an issue. When I plug in the adaptor while the the laptop is on the battery icon says that it is 'plugged in' but it is not charging. Also the LED light is white which would mean the laptop is completely charged when that is not the case. When the laptop is either in sleep mode or powered off, the LED light turns orange and it charges normally as it should do. Does any one have an idea of what could remedy this problem?
HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook
1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Also, ensure Windows is up to date.
Select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".