Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 17 AN120-NR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was playing warzone when the laptop suddenly went off. I thought it simply was an issue of the charger being disconnected because the battery hasn't been working in almost a year. I touched the center of the laptop and it was a bit hot. I left it to cool down and it would not power on again. There is no led indicator that the power cord is connected. I tested the charger with a multimeter and it delivers power, I took off the bottom and disconnected the power jack from both places on the board and checked the 12 pin and it gave a proper readout. I didn't get a readout on the 4 pin that had 3 wires connected. I plugged them back in and on the board i got a proper readout for the 12pin and again failed to get any readout from the 4pin. Laptop shows no signs of life at this time. Can anyone direct me as to whether I can revive using a new power jack, as it seems the 4pin is a grounding device, or do I need a new board.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Luverbwoy

I reviewed your post and I understand that computer is not powering on.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you with the available options for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My 2019 omen recently quit working and I had to warranty it, they changed the motherboard(2y warrantly locally so it was still under warranty).
previously it was 96C pretty much all the time, now temperatures are again normal (58C doing android development and not pegged at max all the time).

mine was also no leds, nothing on power button etc.  the nvme drive and hdd were okay.

they also changed the swollen battery, but for that they charged money(why I have no idea since thats a fire hazard / defect). you might try to disconnect the battery. yeah I know this doesn't really help you much but just telling that I had a similar situation.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.