3 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop overheating / not connecting to bluetooth speaker

OMEN by HP Laptop 17-an0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have two main problems with my Omen HP 17-an0xx.

1) My laptop is only a few months old, it plays all games perfectly well so far, except when I use my brand new HTC Vive, the GPU temperateure and usage jump up to the region of 70 degrees and 40% or so, higher than usual. In particular, I can hear the fan is really working hard, but yet the laptop is getting extremely hot to the touch. After an hour of simple VR gmaing, then laptop tends to shut off the screen and ignores all commands (though there are some audio left). This is a brand new issue with the laptop, and seems to be exclusive to using the vive. I have reinstalled the BIOS, and the vive software, as wlel as my nvidea drivers etc, and no change has been noted. This is not what I'd expect of a £1600 laptop and a £500 VR system!

2) I have a bluetooth speaker (an LG sound bar) which I would LIKE to have my laptop use as a speaker. However, even though it recognises it through bluetooth and devices, and as a sound device, when going to 'sounds' it always says disconnected. I can't change any options,because it considers it not connected, and have repeatedly updated the bluetooth drivers etc etc.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,578 11,569 571 628
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Metalwraith101

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers to your technical queries.

I understand that you are facing multiple issues with the notebook, need not worry I'll be glad to assist you.

I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi I have the replied to him.

why can't the solution be posted here?

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation