Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Laptop 17-an012dx
Unknown

I just started having this problem last night (July 15th, 2019) my laptop was plugged in to charge while I was playing some games with my friends. I didn’t notice it right off the bat, but even though it was plugged in, it wasn’t charging, I don’t think it was even registering that it was plugged in. And I don’t know what to do to solve it. I’ve had this laptop for more than 2 years, and I just started having this problem.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @SandAlex3 

It might be as simple as reinstalling the battery driver, or it might be the battery is failing.

Open the Device Manager and go to Batteries.

Drop down the list and find Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

Right click on it and delete the device.

Reboot the PC and let it have time to reinstall the driver again.

IF it does not help, the battery might be on its way out.

You can run the UEFI Diagnostics tool at power-on and see if it picks up an error with the battery. Usually if there is a failure, it will pick detect it.

Rapidly tap the F2 key at power on until the menu appears.

Choose Component tests and then Power.

Test the battery with the AC charger plugged in.

HP Recommended

Hey sorry to hear about your problem but relax I don’t think it’s going to be a very difficult issue to fix now from my experience it could either be your charger maybe it has a short in it being 2 years old sometimes things wear out or it’s a bad battery. I don’t have a gaming laptop but on my old hp I would have it charging and at the same time I would be using it and doing that wore out the battery 🔋 with in the first 6 months. I would start there and let me know what happened. Thanks. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.