11-26-2019 10:22 AM
This issue happened suddenly and for the last week i have been trying to solve it, in every game i run it flickers on the end on the screen, when i switch to windowed mode the flickering stop. and i tried using hdmi cable and it worked on my tv screen while it was flickering on my laptop screen at the same time, i tried hard reset, a format for the windows and drives, reinstalled drivers, and tried going back to an older nvidia driver and still no solution i will put 3 videos to show the flickering and how it was working on tv and flickering on laptop at the same time, i used Ddu to remove everything and when i tried it after ddu and before i installed the nvidia driver again. it wokred without flickering but was soo slow (cuz no driver was installed for sure) and after i installed Nvidia driver again the flickering came back so i assume its something in nvidia drivers but i can't figure out what is it, i tried everything in nvidia control panel and nothing worked I have an hp omen 15 laptop 120 Hz Nvidia Geforce 1060 Max Q 16 Gb ram core i7 7700hq
this is a link for my dxdiag file https://filebin.net/5vhyk7jtls5jpkxs/DxDiag.txt?t=qolrl7uy
a link for the 3 videos showing the flickering on laptop https://files.fm/u/yruxf9ce
11-28-2019 04:56 PM
@Goldenghost93, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Thank you for the detailed information. To assist you better, I need additional information.
Is there any specific game that causes the issue? or is all the games?
Are these games compatible with the hardware on your PC?
When was the last time it worked without these issues? did you try a system restore?
- Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
- Type performance > choose to Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
- In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance.
- Click Apply and ok
Install updates using HP Support Assistant
- In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant.
- Check for updates.
- If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.
Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.
Also, check for any pending Windows update. Reboot the PC once done.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
11-30-2019 03:38 AM
sadly the driver wont let me install completely , and my refresh rate is 120 Hz and when i change it to 60 hz from nvidia control panel the desktop start to flicker as well not only in game but on desktop, and when i put it back to 120 hz the flickering on desktop stops but it still the same in every game
11-30-2019 09:57 AM
Step#1 Temporarily Turn Off Any Antivirus Software or Firewall -
1) Hold down your Ctrl+Alt keys and press Delete on your keyboard. Then click Task Manager.
2) In Task Manager, click Processes tab. Find all the processes that relate to your antivirus software.
3) Click on each process, then click End task to end it.
4) Reboot your PC for the changes to take effect. After that, try installing the NVIDIA driver again. Make sure you select “Custom” and check the box for “perform clean installation” while installing the driver.
Step#2 End all NVIDIA related task -
1) Go to Task Manager. In the Processes tab, end all NVIDIA tasks.
2) Delete the following NVIDIA files if they exist. (Note: You might need to log in as an administrator to delete the files.) :
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\
C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\
3) Reboot the system, then install the driver again. Make sure you select “Custom” and check “Perform a clean installation” (when you see the two screens below) as you install the driver.
You may also try these steps.
I am an HP Employee