1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Laptop's two cooling fans speeds are now chained together

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cs1504sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have had my laptop for a year and a half now, and the two fans inside of the laptop worked independently, depending on what I was doing. One fan (i believe to be controlled for CPU) would be on all the time, and would speed up when the CPU got hot, or was under load. The second fan, (i believe to be controlled for the GPU) would only switch on when I was using the dedicated GTX 1050 graphics card, it would NOT switch on unless I was gaming or using the dedicated card.

However I have recently reset my laptop, and done a fresh windows installation, and now both fans seem to be running at the same speed (The CPU fan speed is the one in control). This means that my laptop is now considerably louder than it was before. It is very noticeable at idle, and when simply browsing the internet or watching a YouTube video, as there are now two fans spinning versus just the one. The gpu fan seems to be louder than the cpu fan as well.

Is there something I forgot to install that would have come with the laptop? Or is there anything I can do to unchain the two fans, so they worked as they did before?

Thank you

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation