Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, I am facing the issue since last week. Laptop battery shows 30% but laptop shutdowns. If i try to turn ON the laptop without plugging in the charger, it won't turn ON. I've to plug in the charger to turn ON the laptop. 

I've also run Battery check from HP support assistant. The values are shown below.

• Warranty Type: 3
  • Cycle count: 352 / 1000
  • Manufacturer: 333-2B-4B
  • Battery Age: N/A
  • Serial Number: 01040 07/15/2017
  • Temperature: 41 °C
  • Design Capacity: 4550 mAh
  • Full Charge Capacity: 3680 mAh (80%)
  • Remaining Capacity: 1991 mAh
  • Current: -1683 mA
  • Adaptive Battery Optimizer: Not supported
  • Terminal Voltage: 14793 mV
  • Design Voltage: 15400 mV
  • Cell Voltage 1: 3674 mV
  • Cell Voltage 2: 3759 mV
  • Cell Voltage 3: 3611 mV
  • Cell Voltage 4: 3721 mV
  • AC Power: No
  • CT Number: 6GGAE03TZ865CK
  • Failure ID: OK

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@qasimz I have a few steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern:

Unplug the charge, Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.

Reinstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager:

1) In the search box, type and open “Device Manager”.

2) Expand “Batteries”.

3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.

4) Click on “Uninstall”.

5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver

6) Shutdown the computer.

7) Remove the battery for a minute and then put it back in. (Skip this step if you have a non removable battery)

8 - When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.

9) Go to Device Manager.

10) Expand Batteries.

11) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.

12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"

Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.

If the issue persists, run a battery and adapter test using the steps mentioned in this link: Click here

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day! 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Riddle_Decipher,
Thanks for your response. I un-installed "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" as you said but I couldn't "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller". However, problem still persists. I also run battery and adaptor test and the results were OK(Passed). But I am still facing the issue. No the laptop turns OFF at 40% battery level.

HP Recommended

@qasimz I suggest you perform a system restore and check if that helps,

If not, please perform an extensive hardware test to identify the issue:

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

Click Extensive Test.

Click Run once, or Loop until error.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi I followed all the steps in this thread but none have helped. I also can't find a replacement battery on your website for my laptop. 
Product Number: 2SY44ES could you recommend me a battery to buy and or a solution to this problem or is there a way such that I can set a reminder when me battery hit's 50% to plug it in 

HP Recommended

@EulerComputer

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.