Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15-ce0xx

I turned on my laptop and I noticed that it wasn't charging, since I have this specific laptop, I keep it plugged in most of the time for gaming, meaning it's plugged for about 2 hours or more each day. There wasn't any problem with my adapter, the wire wasn't bent or anything. When I used HP Support Assistant to diagnose what happened to my laptop I got the Unknown (93) diagnosis, what exactly do I do now, I can't remove the battery from the laptop and re-insert it because that would mean opening the case and I don't have the tools or expertise for that. So what can I do? I've checked the adapter and adapter jack for particles, and it still won't work. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Mozzarella5 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the laptop will not charge while plugged in.

I have a few steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern: 

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%. 

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins. 

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager: 
1) In the search box, type and open “Device Manager”.  

2) Expand “Batteries”.  

3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.  

4) Click on “Uninstall”.  

5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver  

6) Shutdown the computer.  

7) Remove the battery for minute and then put it back in.  

😎 When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.  

9) Go to Device Manager.  

10) Expand Batteries.  

11) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there. 

12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"  

Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.  

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed. 

Also, update the BIOS.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response, I have recently been I formed that the problem was indeed my charger, I have since been trying to replace / repair my charger and the problem wasn't the laptop or its software, but thank you for your solution anyway! 

HP Recommended

@Mozzarella5

Thank you for the update.

Please let us know are you able to charge your laptop now.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.