Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0030nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop has been having very intermittent internet connection even though it works fine on other devices. I’ve connected to this same network before, but this issue just started out of nowhere. I updated my drivers, but didn’t see a wireless network driver listed. I downloaded the one for my laptop off HP, but it’s still not working or showing up. I use my laptop for online classes so this is something I need to figure out ASAP. 
Any ideas what the problem could be or how to fix it? Would it be worth it to pay the $50 to set up HP SmartFriend to get tech support?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @MadHat9  I'll try to help if I can.

To clarify, your laptop intermittently drops connection then reconnects, or you cannot connect to any network at all?

What is the exact wifi card model installed? You can use the Device Manager to see the model.

Did you maybe update to Windows 2004 when this started happening?

HP Recommended

Intermittent. Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11ae (I’m assuming that’s the card?)
I did a bios update after posting this and it seems to be working now. I’m hesitant to say that fixed it just yet, but so far so good.

HP Recommended

Yup that's what i thought it was. If it continues, get rid of it.

Its a know problem with that card. I had the same issue.

I grabbed an Intel 9260 for cheap off of Amazon and works great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079QH5KW1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Before you do replace it, download the new driver for what ever card you decide on to your desktop but don't install it yet.

Then uninstall the old driver from the Device Manager and check the box to completely remove the driver also.

Install the new card and install the new driver.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the advice, I’ll look into it. Hopefully it continues working, but it sounds like it might be an ongoing issue in that case.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.