Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

So I have an hp pavilion with and ryzen, quad core processor, dual storage with 128 gig SSD with micro-edge display with full HD backlit display, 8 gigs of RAM plus 1tb HDD. As it seems someone took my charger. I realized that right before I was going to use it for a very important issue that came up. I thought no big deal a will just rewire a different charging port from a old laptop that I have with charger ..well didn't work. So i put everything back the way it was. b4 my bright ideah that is. Now when plugged in it showes orange charging light for the first 3 seconds or so then changes to white for a couple seconds then turns back to orange..if I keep charging it, after a while the light turns white like as if done charging. But when I try to hit the power button a very faint yet high pitch sound comes from the mother board on and off again. When you can here the sound the orange light is on. When the sound goes off so does the light..this will go on and on if I don't pull the battery..can I still fix my laptop or is it toest. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Calinorcal Greetings from the HP Community!

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Meanwhile, I suggest you use an alternate wall outlet and another power adapter to check if that works fine,

If nothing works, perform a hard reset using this link: click here for steps.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.