Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc1018ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I plug in the laptop a message pops up that says Low Power source detected, but when I turn it off it charges just fine. I just got this laptop today and i plugged it in after around 10 minutes of using it. I also already tried to update the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery but it says its up to date. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It uses a 200 W PFC SMART SLIM 4.5 mm  part number: L00818-850

HP sells it but its a little pricey?

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Cart.aspx?mscssid=E31B535E6A7E470D87B333C40DBC80BD&setDest=Cart&jumpid=...

Or you can look online for a 3rd party alternative. Use the part number above when searching.

specs show its 200W 19.5V 10.3A

You can go higher on amperage, but the voltage must be exact.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@AIzaS 

If you look at the label on your power adapter, is it 200w or something lower?

HP Recommended

I just took a look at it, the charger that came with it is 90w

HP Recommended

No wonder.

Was this a new purchase or used system?

HP Recommended

If it was a new purchase and came this way from HP, are you still under warranty by chance?

HP Recommended

I found the listing on best buy and it said it was open box, which I assume means used but the listing also said it was quality checked. Would I be able to buy 200w charger and used it? This is my first gaming laptop so I don't know too much and I don't want to burn out the battery. It does have a 6 month warranty

HP Recommended

I would first check with Best buy. They are usually pretty good about making things right. Someone there boxed it up with the wrong adapter and they need to give you the right one.

If they tell you its as is, then you will have to buy a new one.

hang on and ill look up the specs.

HP Recommended

It uses a 200 W PFC SMART SLIM 4.5 mm  part number: L00818-850

HP sells it but its a little pricey?

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Cart.aspx?mscssid=E31B535E6A7E470D87B333C40DBC80BD&setDest=Cart&jumpid=...

Or you can look online for a 3rd party alternative. Use the part number above when searching.

specs show its 200W 19.5V 10.3A

You can go higher on amperage, but the voltage must be exact.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help!! If I don't get a replacement from best buy then I'll definitely looking into the ones you posted. I'm so glad it wasnt the laptop itself 😅. Thanks again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.