Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cx0017nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello, I bought a notebook Pavilion 15-cx0017nl about a year ago. I used it practically only for gaming with a ventilated base and the temperatures are not the best, especially the temperature of the CPU (even reaching 90-95 degrees), but it is a notebook and I have never been alarmed. I recently updated the bios through the HP Support Assistant program and I noticed that, during the bios update, the pc's fans run faster than the speed they reach while I play with video games. This makes me think that there is some lock that prevents to the fans to spin at full speed in gaming. I need to know if and how I can remove this lock to allow the fans to reach their maximum speed for a better cooling of the pc even while I play. I also need to know if I can going to remove the bottom panel of the pc without voiding the warranty to make a better clean of the fans using a can of compressed air.
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I also have a pavillion 15(cx0058wm) and i use an app called Notebook fan control and slected config of hp compaq 15 because there's no pavillion 15 there and it works. It doesnt set the fan speed to whatever you want but while gaming when the fan speeds are increasing, minimize the game and open Notebook FanControl, select the config, tap on enabled and drag the slider to max (fan is at around 80% at max, doesnt go to 100). Now is this safe? Im not sure but i have been using this since 2 months only when playing very cpu and gpu intensive and havent had any problems so far. 

HP Recommended

Hi,  thanks for your reply. I tried with Notebook FanControl as you recommended but without any change. I thought there were some limiters that had to be removed to increase the speed of the fans. Thanks the same for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.