Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion gaming 15-ec0001ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So im having this problem with my laptop. Its a brand new and never had any problems until now. I bought the new microsoft flight sim and am running it on my laptop as i meet the system requirements for it. But whenever i play the game i get a screen thaT randomly pops up and flashes locking then my screen goes black and i have to restart my whole computer and my game all over. I have tried diffrent power settings and everything. Just really frustrated and need help! Thanks!!!!! 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Brent838

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the pops up windows showing up on the screen?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
  • What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Setting up a firewall provides basic protection against security threats before connecting to the Internet. You can use Windows Defender or other firewall software, such as McAfee Personal Firewall.

1. Using the search box on the taskbar, search for and open Control Panel.

2. Make sure View by is set to Category.

3. Click System and Security.

System and Security

4. Select Security and Maintenance from the list.

Security and Maintenance

5. Check the message under Review recent messages and resolve problems.

• If the message is No issues have been detected by Security and Maintenance, security settings are up to date.

• If a security alert displays, click Turn on now to activate the firewall.

Turn on the firewall

Check for security software in Virus & threat protection in Windows Security.

1. In Windows, search for and open Virus & threat protection.

2. Click Manage providers under Who's protecting me?

Selecting Manage providers

The security information displays.

Security providers display

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.