Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-28-2022 01:38 PM
Having the same issue as "ALIHAIDERZ"
He posted this on Intel
I have HP Omen 15 Ek0013dx. i have ssd ( 32 optane memory + 512ssd ) everything worked fine but recently an app is crashed due to this windows also crashed and when I tried to install new windows it shows only one disk partition of 27GB instead of 2 partitions (512GB) i searched and found that my optane memory of 32GB is currently active and SSD of 512gb is disabled.
I tried to search for solutions on the internet but they said multiple options need to be changed which are not present in Omen UEFI so how can I fix this issue.???
2nd thing is I bought and another simple M2 SSD and installed windows 10 in it and its worked fine and then i put intel optane memory as a secondary drive but it still shows only 27GB instead of 512GB. i also tried official drivers but nothing worked for me (my old crashed OS windows 10 is still present in my intel optene memory SSD which was C: drive before) i want to get back my 512GB drives intead of 27GB optene memory.
AND BELOW WAS THEIR RESPONSE:
If only one portion of the Optane H Series is being recognized, it is possible that additional configuration in the system BIOS is required, just as you have already mentioned.
In this case we recommend you to work with the system manufacturer for them to provide you with the necessary configuration for your Optane H series, especially if the system originally came with the Optane pre-configured.
SO in a nutshell, they suggested we contact the system manufacturer which is HP for BIOS Configuration.
we really need help! Thank You!
02-25-2022 06:30 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!
I see you are experiencing Optane memory issues with the HP Omen Laptop.
I have a few recommendations
- Go to HP.COM and select the most recent Intel Rapid Storage Technology software and driver.
- Run setupRST.exe and install the defaults.
- Restart the computer.
- From the Windows desktop, launch the Intel RST user interface, and then click the Intel Optane Memory tab. The Status page opens.
- Click Enable.
- After the enable process is complete, reboot the computer.
After the system restarts, installation continues in safe mode. When installation is complete, the system again restarts. You can now use the Intel Optane memory application.
To enable Intel Optane memory using the Intel Rapid Storage Technology application, open the Intel Rapid Storage Technology application, and then click the Intel Optane memory tab.
- Open the Intel Rapid Storage Technology app, click the Intel Optane Memory tab, and then click Enable.
- The Enable Intel Optane memory window displays. Select a compatible fast drive, and then click Yes. The compatible drive option displays only if more than one Intel Optane memory module is installed in the computer.
- After the enable process is complete, click Reboot to restart the computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.
Have a great day!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community