Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop cx-0020nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys

I bought an HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop cx-0020nr and under a month of usage it developed problems.

I used this laptop for gaming and mild school work and it was never mis-handled or mis-used and it never took any damages. When i used it for gaming it normally produced alot or heat but i thought it was normal because of the GPU and CPU. Before i could use this laptop for a full month it started developing charging issues. It would show me plugged in but it was never charging, my battery percentage just kept on getting lower and I can recall that previously before that happened, when I was playing Fortnite the framerates just automatically dropped and the laptop shut down by itself. I put the laptop on again and used HP support assistant to check if my battery was still in good state and it was, it showed me 'OK' with a green battery logo. The next day the charging issues arose and the battery percentage kept on going down till the battery was flat. I took it to a nearby HP office were they examined it and when we came back for it they told us my AC Adapter was still working perfectly well and it was the Motherboard that was the source of the charging problems(I do not know whether they opened the laptop or not).

Please guy what do I do next. Do I go for the warranty or should i get it fixed by hp(and if so how).

And please i do i prevent my gaming laptop from overheating in future?

Will my warranty still work out because for them to know my motherboard was bad they might have opened it up. Should I give it back to them to do the warranty for me if they opened it up because they are HP employees.

Please please help because i do not know what to do.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Demski

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This document should help you with the overheating issue: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01657439#:~:text=There%20are%20many%20reasons%20your,fans%20w....

Reinstall the battery drivers:

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager: 
1) In the search box, type and open “Device Manager”.  

2) Expand “Batteries”.  

3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.  

4) Click on “Uninstall”.  

5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver  

6) Shutdown the computer.  

7) Remove the battery for minute and then put it back in.  

😎 When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.  

9) Go to Device Manager.  

10) Expand Batteries.  

11) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there. 

12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"  

Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.  

Also, did the laptop get an error on the screen before shutting down?

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Betty,

I tried all of those options. I saw them on Youtube weeks ago and i tried it out. None of them worked. And now i cant even attempt to do it again because the laptop doesnt go on and it doesnt charge. It just shows the charging light indicator on the laptop, it doesnt charge and it doesnt come on.

And there was no error message before it last shutdown. It just got to 0% and shut down by itself.

HP Recommended

Do you get any message about the battery while powering it on?

Let's do a BIOS update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My laptop cant even power on for me to see a message😂. Although when it could still go on I didnt get any message on battery.

HP Recommended

@Demski

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.