Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-en0012ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Related issue:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/HP-Omen-15-WiFi-Disconnects-and-other-issues-with-AX2...

I can confirm the same problem with AX200 in another Omen15. It is a major issue as it prevents you from connecting to the internet or pairing bluetooth devices like gamepads or headsets. 

Problem details:

Intel WiFi 6 AX200 is hidden under Network adapters in Device Manager.

Attempted troubleshooting:

Outcome:

I am re-connected for now but it is likely to recur as it had before. Hard to tell whether any of the attempted troubleshooting did the trick or was just a stroke of luck. Any official resource from HP for this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It looks like it was a software issue rather than a hardware one, which is better. Somehow Win10 files got suddenly corrupted and I faced a litany of other random errors (i.e. Microsoft Store corrupted, OMEN Gaming Hub corrupted).

Solution:

As always, re-installing Win10 and factory reset did the trick. I created a Recovery USB via HP Cloud Recovery Tool a while back but I think you can also use the recovery partition by pressing F11 during bootup.

Official Tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7AwuKNJKS4

I hope somebody finds this monologue useful. It was a tedious solution, but nonetheless, a real solution rather than a workaround.

View solution in original post

Watch this video to know how to recover your computer using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool. We will set up a recovery image on a USB flash drive using the tool and get your computer back up and running easily. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction 00:16 What you will need 01:19 Start recovery process 04:16 ...
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I have been disconnected 3 times since posting this. What seems to repair it is re-installing the BIOS. But I don't trust that either and even if it does, not really an acceptable resolution if it keeps happening.

This problem is too tricky when all the reasonable troubleshooting has been done. 😞

HP Recommended

Progress (if you can call it that):

I am now able to replicate the issue consistently. It only happens when you wake up the laptop from sleep. If you turn it on from shutdown, WiFi/BT is able to re-establish and AX200 is back in Device Manager.

Unticking this option also did nothing:

Screenshot 2021-10-23 013041.png

Workaround:

Set Sleep to Never under Power & sleep settings.

Screenshot_1.png

Not the most ideal solution as I am still stumped on the rootcause of this. Probably the weirdest I had to troubleshoot in a while.

HP Recommended

It looks like it was a software issue rather than a hardware one, which is better. Somehow Win10 files got suddenly corrupted and I faced a litany of other random errors (i.e. Microsoft Store corrupted, OMEN Gaming Hub corrupted).

Solution:

As always, re-installing Win10 and factory reset did the trick. I created a Recovery USB via HP Cloud Recovery Tool a while back but I think you can also use the recovery partition by pressing F11 during bootup.

Official Tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7AwuKNJKS4

I hope somebody finds this monologue useful. It was a tedious solution, but nonetheless, a real solution rather than a workaround.

Watch this video to know how to recover your computer using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool. We will set up a recovery image on a USB flash drive using the tool and get your computer back up and running easily. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction 00:16 What you will need 01:19 Start recovery process 04:16 ...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.