Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
15-EN0023DX

Hello, is there an update regarding the fan manual control or fan curve through the Omen Command Center like on the intel counterparts? There is only auto and max fan options in the Ryzen models and it's a bummer.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

I have the HP omen 4800h and 2060. I too would like better fan controls.

HP Recommended

Apperantly HP just ignore this request which came up multiple times already by many owners.

Other manufacturers (ASUS for example) offers not only manual fan control but an option to configure a fan curve (fan rpm for every temperature range)

HP Recommended

Please HP , give manual fan controls to the amd model. Also the fans are on unnecessarily when on battery therefore giving less battery life......also please optimize the amd model for better battery life. These new ryzen chips are very power efficient but my laptop consumes -20W even when doing simple web browsing (got info using hwinfo). Please solve the issues with a bios update or update the omen command center sdk please.

HP Recommended

I have the same request, i'm a graphic designer and i use my laptop for many different scenarios other than gaming that require very different fan approaches. I already disabled the "fan always on" option in bios and set the cooling method to passive even when plugged, but i would definitely use a more granular fan control approach. That would also make it easier for me to suggest this laptop to other colleagues who would use it in a silent environment.

HP Recommended

what are your temps?? I'm seeing 60C+ at idle ramping up all the way to 98 99C while under heavy load. I'm seriously concerned about this.

HP Recommended

Ryzen 7 4800h, at idle it usually stays around 45-50° C, while gaming it doesn't go beyond 85-87° C.

Have you checked in task manager what are the most cpu intensive tasks running while in idle?

HP Recommended

Hi@omri09, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is overheating.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I would like to inform you that 90C is normal on the gaming computer. I recommend you use the Omen command center to change the settings which suit your needs.

Please refer to the below article for more information.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05387497

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Service host win service at about 2 2.2 % still, seeing your temps I think there is definitely a issue with my unit. If I disable turbo boost it stays at 40C at idle and 60 65 under heavy load, bcz it runs at stock 2.8

HP Recommended

In windows advanced power management i left the boost at maximum and set the minimum processor speed to 75% for plugged mode, maximum processor speed at 99% both for plugged and battery mode, set cooling critheria to passive for both modes and disabled both fast boot and any kind of hybernation. I also noticed light studio in the command center kept running even when not using it, so i uninstalled it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.