Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I need to know what is the maximum amount of RAM that this laptop supports. I have not found this detail on the page.

HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop - 15-dk1023la

https://www8.hp.com/py/es/laptops/product-details/34927259

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your notebook has two memory slots.

Both the 4 GB chip and the 8 GB chip can be removed and replaced. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook's model series.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion Gaming 15 Laptop PCIMPORTANT! This document is intended fo...

The memory upgrade info can be found in chapter 1.

2 x 16 GB is the max.

HP Recommended

From what that manual indicates, it corresponds to the models:

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 Laptop PC (model numbers 15-dk0000 through 15-dk0999; CTO model number 15tdk000)

And the one I plan to buy is 15-dk1023la

Actually having DDR4 it should support 32GB, but since it comes with 1x 4 GB + 1x 8 GB from factory, I don't know if that 4GB module is onboard and it only has one slot for the 8GB module.

HP Recommended

Your notebook has two memory slots.

Both the 4 GB chip and the 8 GB chip can be removed and replaced. 

HP Recommended

Ok! Thank you

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.