Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen by HP

Hey all I’m trying to figure out a way to get more storage space on my laptop so I can download an update on a game. I’m currently maxing out at 119 gb which does t seem like very much. I’ve gone through and tried to delete files that I don’t use but it’s still not enough. I’m thinking about taking it geek squad to see if I can somehow add more space but This is my first laptop so this is all new to me. Is it possible to add more space? If so, how and can I do myself or would I be better off taking it somewhere? What would I be looking at price wise?

any help would be much appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Edj222 

What is your Omen by HP  ? Normally you can add more storage to an Omen by HP . My Omen has dual storage

omen disk.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Sorry about that. I have the Omen by HP laptop 15. I pulled up the device manager like your screen shot and there are 2 options there. So maybe I do? I guess I’m just not sure how to switch to the other storage device. I tried clicking both and going back out and checking storage again and it still says 116gb out of 119gb used. How would I activate the other storage unit so I can use that? 

HP Recommended

@Edj222 

You don't need to activate, it's there for you to use.

Not all apps/programs allow you to install on the secondary drive but you can store your files/data to the secondary dive. Please use the following instructions

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files-winpc/change-default-program-file...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.