Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
5KU44EA#BH5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings,

Day after day I am encountering a new issue, with and without solution, so I will name those that I have not succeeded to resolve.

First issue is the Temperature, with only 2-3 apps running It rises up to ~65 Celsius Degrees and that are not heavily loading the CPU. While in the other case when I am loading both CPU & GPU, the temp goes up to ~87 Degrees, while Fans (actually One fan is working) at Maximum speed and Cooling pad at maximum speed, and video settings to Low. I already have fans cleaned, I did not try to change the thermal compound since the product is still in warranty period. ( I own it for 3months)

Then it comes the second issue, only one Fan (Right one) is working as intended, while the left fan is idling at very low RPM.

I have no way to resolve it, no settings in bios, and not affected by Omen Control manual speeds setting. BIOS Settings are very very basic, no way to tweak anything besides time & date, booting options and few other un-needed options.

I tried with that and only one option to Disable and Enable fans, still no change.

Keyboard issue... Looks hilarious, but annoying. Simply said, Sometimes I have to Press the same button 2 or 3 times to make it work. Doesn't happen only when gaming, but it's the best way to explain it trough character movement; The character stops moving even if the key is pressed and held. Sometimes in combination with CTRL / SHIFT Key, sometimes without any other key pressed. I mean it's a gaming laptop, Why would I have to use an external gaming keyboard in order to be able to press at least 3 keys at the same time and be working as intended.... - No dust, no mechanical issues, not stucked or broken, no faulty USB Devices plugged, Except a USB mouse.

Then we finally reach the last ( I hope so ) and the most annoying issue, With Audio quality and on Headphones.

It occurs when Playing youtube videos, Media player mp3s, games, flash apps. There is not issue such as disappearing sounds randomly or whatsoever but instead, I do hear sounds, even though there is like 2-2.5 seconds delay from the beginning when playing any clip, I feel like frequencies are cut-off for a second, then fixing back, then another frequency cut off; or simply said like a broken headphones cable. I use headphones 99% of the time and the issues happens when they're plugged in. I can confirm that There is NO ISSUE with the headphone's cable or 3.5mm plug, as I have already tested it.

As last and not mentioned above,
I do have installed the latest windows updates, have installed all Product-specific drivers, and BIOS.

Any other information that I have forgotten to mention will be updated upon a reply message.

PC & PartNumber:

HP Omen 15 -dc0010nia 

5KU44EA#BH5

Still under warranty  (5months left provided by HP website)
Best regards,
Stefan.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Zbucket,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing multiple issues with the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you perform a reset on the computer following the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.