Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion Gaming 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been having issues where my games (like csgo) it use to run perfectly fine and now it has started going very choppy and the frames are all over the place. I have an AMD 3550H with integrated Vega 8 graphics as well as a NVIDIA 1650 GPU. I have updated everything I could when I found the issue and it has not fixed. I checked the utilization of the card and it is at 0 for some reason. I have changed the NVIDIA control panel options to the 1650 and have done all my games as well.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You may have to clean up the drivers first (e.g. with DDU) before reinstalling them.

The preferred graphics processor setting in NVIDIA control panel doesn't have any effect, it is managed by Windows. Find Graphics Settings in windows (win button + R, and type ms-settings:display-advancedgraphics to open it easy) and then you can browse your apps and games there and select preferred GPU for each. However I don't think this is the problem.

NVIDIA control panel has a very handy tool to show what apps use your NVIDIA GPU if any at all at the moment: in the menubar under the Desktop menu enable "Display GPU Activity Icon".

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.