Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx running on Windows 10 64-bit Home Edition. During gaming and while the laptop is connected to the power outlet (Electrical outlet) the PC crashes and I am always forced to perform a hard reboot. What is the solution to this problem?

Looking for Assistance on this matter.

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Sam074 , welcome to the forum.

What is the full model or product number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. Here is a guide to help you find it:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Also, do these symptoms only occur when you are gaming?  What games are you playing and are they online or both?

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hello Old_geekster,

The model number is HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0056wm

This only occurs when I am gaming. I have tried three games so far that's: Tomb Raider (2013), Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Assassin's Creed Black Flag. I play all the games offline.

Looking forward to your assistance.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Sam074!

I am familiar with the Tomb Raider games and know that they are very graphics intensive.  Therefore, my first thought is that your computer may be overheating.  I suggest installing an app that will tell you the temperatures in the laptop while gaming.  Also, have you tried plugging the computer into a surge suppressor while gaming?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the Response @Old_geekster,

I do doubt it is an overheating problem because it does crash less than a minute into gaming. As for the surge suppressor I will buy one and try it out.

Looking forward to your response.

Sam074

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Sam074!  Thank you for the additional information.

I have had similar problems in the past.  I suggest going to the developers webpage for the games to see if there are patches available for them.  Installing patches may solve your problem.  I use Steam almost entirely.  So, they update the games every time that I start one.  This way I have normally never had any problems like you are experiencing.  Although, the other evening I was playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider and it, not the computer, stopped unexpectedly and I had to restart it.   I would appreciate hearing if there are patches and the outcome when they are installed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.