Seanmyr
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

My HP omen screen is too dark

HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 17-cb0002ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Lastnight my laptop screen brightness was just fine.  This morning it's very dark.  I tried changing the brightness level but that didn't do anything at all.  I updated every single driver (yes graphics driver too) that needed to be updated and rebooted after each update but still the screen is dark and the brightness controls do nothing.  I even went in to the BIOS because I saw a post where it said that if the screen is still dark when viewing the BIOS, then it is possibly a hardware problem.  Well, it was dark when viewing the BIOS.

At this point I'm kind of out of ideas on what to try.  My screen is so dark that I need to have my face about 6 inches or less from the screen in order to read anything on it.  Thankfully I have a second screen hooked up to it that is unaffected and I can see it just fine.  Does anyone have any ideas for me to try?

Thank you

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation