Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 17-cb0002ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Lastnight my laptop screen brightness was just fine.  This morning it's very dark.  I tried changing the brightness level but that didn't do anything at all.  I updated every single driver (yes graphics driver too) that needed to be updated and rebooted after each update but still the screen is dark and the brightness controls do nothing.  I even went in to the BIOS because I saw a post where it said that if the screen is still dark when viewing the BIOS, then it is possibly a hardware problem.  Well, it was dark when viewing the BIOS.

At this point I'm kind of out of ideas on what to try.  My screen is so dark that I need to have my face about 6 inches or less from the screen in order to read anything on it.  Thankfully I have a second screen hooked up to it that is unaffected and I can see it just fine.  Does anyone have any ideas for me to try?

Thank you

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.