Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

a detail that might be useful to technical team : during bios update, on writing blocks my screen is fully bright and then again reverts to dimmed

HP Recommended

Same to me. I have tried everythink that my local hp support suggested. The issue persist so i think now they have informed the Central HP support that its a real issue with this model (HP omen cb-0011nv. 8603). I hope soon there will be a response.

Btw a good start will be to remove the crappy F16RevA bios from their support site (To destroy your new Laptop with an official bios is not the best think to do). 

HP Recommended

I have tried to return it to reseller and they refused as "not hardware but software issue". This is getting frustrating

HP Recommended

Its definitely a software issue. Do the lid trick (close it for 3 secs and reopen it) untill they fix the issue. Its a great gaming laptop actually.

HP Recommended

without your trick Cyberkos I would smash it on someone's head. Many +1s to you pal

HP Recommended

I made a mistake but nobody from HP support confirm that, so i cant change it.

Actually its not the Bios where the screen is dimmed. Its the hp UEFI mode!! The sceen you previous decribe when it updates the bios its in really bios mode. So i think my post is wrong cause our screen is dimmed even in "UEFI mode". I asked if its a bios or UEFI and i didnt take any reliable response from local response... 

HP Recommended

I madeIT.

I made some changes to UEFI. 

Go Esc key at the beggining. F10 to enter the HP security Utility. Go boot options. Disable Secure boot.

Enable Legacy support (some warning that youll need to install again your os, i didnt need to do nothing).

AND taddaaa the brighness at your windows startup goes to normal. 

It worked to me. It ll work for you too. 

HP Recommended

worked for me too. Not needed to re-install windows, hopefully will be not needed too on next bios update. Nevertheless many thanks to Cyberkos 

HP Recommended

I run some diagnostics in my pc today. I sent the results to HP. So we wait for software solution (another fixed bios maybe). Thanks

HP Recommended

sooner or later they will, Let s see how long they need to fix this (with no other similar problems ofc)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.