Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Yeap you ' r right Steph2020. They solved the issue. Just all have to call local HP support. The apply a patch for your Panel (display) remotly and you r ready. Thanks for info...

HP Recommended

That's right, he fixed it remotely.

The first day I called the HP Support the person did not seem to be aware of the problem and tried to make me accept the dark screen in BIOS and he told me that HP will provide a patch in the future.

But I was very persistent and asked him to search about this malfunction and   the day after he called me with the solution.

Obviously he did some proper research in the HP database.

He told me then the same problem appeared in a different HP laptop some months ago.

I did not like the fact that in the first day he tried to make me accept the problem and wait for the fix  before going over a thorough search. His/her job is to investigate the issue before giving an answer.

HP Recommended

I called HP support 2 times and spoke with 2 different persons. Neither of them knew anything about a patch to fix the panel display.  All they did was try to update driver and update windows and I still have a DIM screen.  If you know what the patch is and or where to get it, please let us know so that we can tell HP Support about it. 

HP Recommended

@tony244,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The_Fossette

all you need is to make a thorough search in the HP Database, this problem has been solved already in one of the older HP laptop models.

HP Recommended

Hi @The_Fossette

Can you identify how to access the private messaging system?  This just occurred with me and now I'm in clinic with 20+ patients waiting to see me with no access to my laptop. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.