Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
omen 15 dc1002ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have this laptop HP OMEN The problem I’m facing is that. I’m playing need for speed payback on my laptop when it’s on charging or plugged in the game runs smoothly never lags even if it set the graphics to low or medium. Game runs very well and you can’t really tell if there’s a change in the graphic. but one issue it gives is that it heats up and CPU temperature rises around 97 which is not good the life span of the laptop decreases. So when I pull off the charging cable and then set every thing to high performance ( HIGHEST PERFORMANCE IN OMEN COMMAND CENTRE, high performance for battery and even in game the graphics is set at ultra). but still the game does not run smoothly 1-2 it lags in the starting and then motion is not clear but WHEN I PULL OF THE CHARGING CABLE THE TEMPERATURE DECREASES AROUND 66
Thanks in advance. Hoping for a positive response

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Sajeel99

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  
use the following steps:

• 1. Go to Start, search for Device Manager, and open this result.
  • 2. Expand batteries.
  • 3. Right-click on the ACPI option (usually the 2nd option) and select delete or uninstall. Follow the prompts.
  • 4. Shut down the computer. 
  • 5. Disconnect the charger.
  • 6. Remove the battery.
  • 7. Hold down the power button for 1 minute.
  • 8. Insert the battery only.
  • 9. Attempt to turn the battery on.

If the test passes, continue with these steps:

• Shut down the computer, and then inspect and clean the exterior vents to remove dust buildup by blowing air through the vent openings. Dust can accumulate inside the vent openings and around internal cooling components, preventing the removal of heat.

For more information on reducing heat inside your computer, see Reducing Heat Inside the PC.

• After you remove the dust, turn on the computer. If the error message persists, continue with these steps.
  • Perform a hard reset. Performing a hard reset can reset recorded thermal values in memory and enable you to use the computer again, even if only for a short time to access and save any important files before service.

For more information on performing a hard reset, see Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues.

• In some cases, updating the BIOS might help prevent this error from occurring. For more information on how to update the BIOS, see Updating the BIOS.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey im looking forward of what you replied but since its locked down due to this outbreak, I am not having any tool kit to open up laptop. So is there any solution that i can do without opening the laptop or anything like that and yes i did updated the bios. that was uploaded on 3rd april 2020. and i forgot to mention it that i have Core i7 8750h. And the GPU i have is NVIDIA RTX 2060.

HP Recommended

@Sajeel99
Thank you for posting back. 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.