Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

My Newly Installed battery will not charge

HP Recommended
HP OMEN 17-an012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been having battery issues with my laptop for the past 3 months. I have already replaced both my internal battery and my AC adapter. I had made sure to follow the correct replacements that HP instructed. I have reached out to the community on this matter and have still not been able to fix my issue. The original issue was that my battery was not charging. It still is not charging and now my HP diagnostics tool is saying there is no battery installed at all but the task bar clearly shows that my battery is at 32% and plugged in. It does say that my AC adapter is fine. I am just wondering what my next steps would be as I feel I have tried everything. Would a BIOS update work? I just don't know. Looking for help. Thanks 

Update: My laptop does not even recognize a battery at all now.

Update again: It doesn't recognize the battery but it can still run off of the battery...... very confused 

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation