Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 17-an017ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Omen button does not work at all,it will only launch when i oped the HP system event utility.Otherwise i can open the app from the task bar,but still it is inexplicable why the Omen command center will open from the Omen button only when HP system event utility has been opened.I have downloaded all the available updates from the HP download site and i have checked windows for updates.Everything is up to date but the problem persists.Also none of the solutions listed in the support community worked out for me. Please help me, and also I have to start command center in order to use macros.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@Asserter Did you make any software or hardware changes your PC?

You can uninstall the HP omen control center from control panel, programs. you can try updating the HP command center.

Link to update the omen command center.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Also, update the HP system event utility and check if it helps.

Link to update the HP system event utility.

If the issue still persists try updating the BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

Link to update the BIOS.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, The only change I have made was updating to Windows 10, 2004  recently. I've installed from Microsoft store the relevant version of Omen Command Center, and deleted the old one. I also updated HP system event utility but nohing happened. I can't update BIOS using your link, because this version is too old for my configuration. Please help!!! I want to use my macros without starting omen command center all the time and I also want my omen button to work properly!!!

HP Recommended

@Asserter I suggest you create a new user account on windows, and install the Omen command center on the new account, then check if it works, this would help us identify the issue better, if it works on the other account, you can transfer the data to the new account and delete the old one, as the user profile could be corrupted.

If the issue persists, I recommend you perform a system restore to a date it had been working fine: click here for steps,

And keep me posted with the results.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok, I will try on Saturday

HP Recommended

@Asserter Alright, Good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well, I think something with my user profile. I've got 2 questions:
1) How can I transfer all my data to the new account with my settings
2) Why anyway should I start omen command center to activate my macros (even on the new account)

?

HP Recommended

@Asserter We are only transferring the data from the old to the new account, if the omen button is working fine on the new account (so, please confirm if it is)

And you don't have to do each time, we are merely suggesting that you check if it works once, so we can identify the issue.

Keep me posted when done.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It isn't working(

HP Recommended

@Asserter If it isn't working either, I'm afraid you may need to backup all personal data and perform a system reset: click here for steps.

Let me know how that goes.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.