Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-ce016ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone. Well, I'll get straight to the point. 

I have had this laptop for 2 or 3 years, I have used it almost daily since then. I used it for games, watching movies and all my daily activities. For several months now, the CPU (82 degrees maximum) and the GPU (72 degrees maximum) have started to heat up a lot in games where it didn't heat up at all before, I even remember that in the first year I always wondered how much the cold kept whatever I would have done.

I cleaned the fans and changed the thermal paste and I didn't notice too much change.
I have to say that for quite some time I kept the laptop connected via HDMI to another monitor and I used the desktop extension option, which I don't know if it could have hurt the components. I still use the HDMI cable with the TV for when I'm in bed, but I use the dubbing option and I don't play during that time. (Only when I play do I have temperature problems the rest of the time, for example now the CPU is at 47 degrees and the GPU at 41).
What is the problem and what should I do to reduce the temperature while playing? Do I need to change any components or is it necessary to clean it properly?

EDIT 1: I have all the drivers updated, I update them constantly. In addition, I reset the laptop to factory settings a few months ago but without any result that would satisfy me.

EDIT 2: I also use an external cooler but nothing changes, the laptop is warm at the top above the keyboard, where the processor and graphics card are, but after longer sessions of use I start to feel the heat on the keyboard and it becomes annoying and stressful.

EDIT 3: I also tried all kinds of display settings, I tried many settings in the nvidia control panel with the intention of giving up graphics and processing quality but still, nothing changes, I start playing even half an hour when I watch temperatures are quite high. What I want is to know why this is happening, what component it is becoming and if there is any solution for the laptop to work as it did when I bought it.
Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

UPDATE: I read something on the forum and tried to play without the charging cable. The temperatures stayed where I want them to be, but now, how do I make that happen when I have the cable plugged in? I tried something I read through some old topics but it didn't work.

HP Recommended

Hey,

If you already cleant up fans and changed thermal paste I guess the problem is somewhere else.

Maybe you have a malware that uses your processor or simply too many mini-apps running. Do a full backup or your system drive and try to install a new one (I mean a system). You will see with nothing else than system (or almost), if your pc is still overheating. If yes, it's not teh system and yo ucan restore the "old" one.

Otherwise yoru can try to use ThrotleStop to reduce power and/or undervolt CPU cores...

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.