Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP – 15-dc1065nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everybody so right before I get into it I would like to tell you my specs for this gaming laptop, the specs are as follows:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz

16GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060

So getting to the issue, I have had this laptop since December of 2019 and for a while now as I have been gaming I notice a decrease in FPS for whatever reason from time to time. However as of last night my computer has been running games perfectly for about a minute or two and then the FPS dips to about 20-25 FPS permanently. 

I have tried rolling back my drivers, updating windows, downloading the same drivers over again and then finally last night I fully reinstalled windows 10 from my USB. The computer seems to run faster than it would in recent times and I download Final Fantasy XIV which is what I have been playing recently. To my surprise, the game still keeps around 100-140 FPS temporarily and then after a minute or two the FPS completely dips to 20 making it unplayable. I paid good money for this computer and am utterly disappointed with this problem. I really need a solution to this issue.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@EdvinBajric
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  
Please follow the steps listed below to improve the FPS on your Intel Graphics adapter: 

• Update the graphics card driver 

• Increase the amount of RAM - by increasing the shared memory under system properties > Advanced > Performance settings > Advanced > Change Virtual memory > use the recommended file size for paging. 

• Make sure the graphics card is not in power saving mode - If you are after the maximum performance of you Intel HD Graphics, make sure you have turned off all of its power-saving features. That is why in order to achieve the maximum performance you have to make sure that your Windows power plan is not on Power Saver, you can use the Balanced or the High-Performance power plan. You can also click the Intel HD Graphics driver tray icon (it should be near the clock in the taskbar), select Graphics Properties, then click the Power tab and select Maximum Performance. 

Please, note that although this tip will certainly improve your Intel HD Graphics' performance it will also increase the power it draws, as well as the heat it generates under heavy load (which is the case for games). Caution is advised, especially if you are on a laptop that experiences temperature problems. 

• Set the 3D preference of Intel HD Graphics to "Performance" - This trick will help you improve the frame rate in games. To apply it click the Intel HD Graphics driver tray icon, select Graphics Properties, then click the 3D tab and move the slider to Performance. In this way, you sacrifice a bit of image quality for improved 3D performance, which should lead to a few more frames per second (FPS) 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.