Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen-15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had a omen 15 for almost two years now and starting about six months have started to experience thermal throttling when gaming. My temps sit at GPU 57 and CPU 57 degrees Celsius at idle and can jump to 85-90 from some very not performance  taxing games. I have looked all over for solutions to this problem and have not found one that solves I have tried under-clocking my CPU but even still games that should run at 60 Fps easily struggle to run 50 and jump down to 45 all the time. I was just wondering if anyone had found a solution to this constant problem because i bought this laptop so i could play games and deal with having to worry about performance being a issue.snip 1.JPGsnip 2.JPGsnip 3.png  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Turnert223 , welcome to the forum.

Under normal circumstances, when you begin to see the heat rising in a laptop it needs to be cleaned.  Here is a guide to help you reduce overheating:  https://www.support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01657439

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.