Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi, today I just had a problem turning on my computer. When I press on the power button it turns on I can hear the fan, and there is a power light both on the power button and the battery led light on the side and then the caps button "Blinks 5 times then stops then on the 6th time it blinks 3 times really fast. I tried a couple of things looking at different solutions on the forum. Please someone help! The last thing I remember is I went out to the office and forgot my power cable and my laptop had low battery and my computer shutdown. Then I went back home after a few hours and tried plugging my power cable and turning my computer and this happened. Please help! Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @StAyehanes 

It helps us if you post the full Product Number, otherwise I have no idea which OMEN you have. 😉

The blink code means The embedded controller times out waiting for the BIOS.

Not sure what caused the failure exactly but the motherboard will need to be looked at. Not really anything I can do from a forum standpoint.

You will need to contact HP Support directly for a warranty issue if its still in warranty.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

If you are no longer in warranty, see if the link will let you communicate with them anyway. If not, let us know.

HP Recommended

My product ID is 1KV74UA#ABA. I'm assuming it's not a big problem because it was working just fine and I was careful with it. Can you please help me before any motherboard check.

HP Recommended

That model is 3 years old and the screen doesn't turn on. I'm guessing you are out of warranty at this point also.

"Can you please help me?"

Yes, I can have an HP rep contact you for an estimate of cost to repair.

HP Recommended

Right now I'm not in the US so it's hard to have the repair, I'm looking for another fix.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.