Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dh0023ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello hp community,

I've got the hp omen 15 with intel wifi 6 ax200 wireless card, it used to work smoothly when i had the stock windows 10 home edition. When I upgraded to enterprise v1909 it started to act weird by finding all the wireless network around me (even the neighbours) but "can't connect to this network" with any network i choose.

I tried updating the bios.

I tried clean reinstalling the wifi driver.. I even tried to rollback and reinstall the old drivers and downgrade the windows version to 1609, 1809 and 1903 but still the same result..

I tried contacting both intel and hp regarding the issue but no one could find what was the problem, they ended their troubleshoot by assuming that the wireless card might be faulty although it used to work and still can see all the networks and no any physical damage happened.

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@MOX3 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to connect to Wifi.

Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here 
I have a few steps to resolve the issue:  

• Since you've already reinstalled drivers, I would recommend using an Ethernet cable (Wired) and update your Wi-Fi drivers using this link  

• Update the bios by visiting this link or through support assistant using an Ethernet cable.  

• Now try to connect to the internet wireless.    

The best way to resolve the issue is by using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern). 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

@Praveen196

I have tried all the steps included in the links you sent, updated my bios, updated my wifi driver to the latest October 2020 update but the problem still exist!!

Note: I have done all the upgrade downgrade mentioned in my topic using my Ethernet cable which works perfectly fine.

HP Recommended

@MOX3

I understand your concerns.

Please perform the wireless module test and let us know.

1. Power off the PC and make sure that it is completely powered off.

2. Press the power button and the moment you press the power button immediately start tapping F2 key, you should see the system diagnostics screen.

3. Look for the component test, under that all the hardware will be listed, please choose the Wireless module and initiate the quick test.

Note: If it fails it will generate a 24 digits alphanumeric failure id, please capture that.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

@Praveen196

I have done it from both, windows and bios, attached are screenshots of the results

https://ibb.co/Tb30QZC
https://ibb.co/wBs47vr
https://ibb.co/xS3zpPJ

HP Recommended

I have ran the diagnostics from windows and bios, these are the results..

Image 1 

Image 2 

Image 3 

HP Recommended

@MOX3

Thank you for the update.

According to the test result. There is no issue with the hardware part. 

I would request you perform the system reset.

Windows 10 has a reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This feature is recommended for recovery because it reinstalls Windows 10 while either preserving your personal data and customizations or removing all your personal data.

You have a choice of two methods to reset your computer.

• If Windows 10 loads correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset in Windows in this document.

• If Windows 10 does not start correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset through Windows Recovery Environment in this document.

Have  a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Does this work as reinstalling windows from scratch from a bootable USB? if yes i have done it with windows 10 version 1609, once again with version 1809 and 1 last time with version 1909, and still the problem is not solved.

If resetting the windows is something else i'll do that but it will delete all the installed apps (even if i chosen the option of keeping my stuff)

And that is something i do not prefer.

So please confirm wether resetting will do something else or not.

HP Recommended

@MOX3

Have you installed a retail copy of Windows on the computer? If yes, then follow the steps in the below article and reinstall the Windows and check whether the issue is resolved.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06162205

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After all trials, I finally managed to take the laptop to repair specially that it was still under warranty.

The technician opened it and found the 2 antenna wires overlapped, he fixed them and suddenly everything worked just fine and the problem was solved!

I appreciate your help, Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.